Addressing Ad-Supported Online Piracy: The ANA/4A's Best Practices (Almost) One Year Later
March 20, 2013
In May 2012, the ANA and 4A's issued a Joint Statement of Best Practices regarding affirmative steps advertisers and agencies should take to avoid inadvertent ad support for Internet sites that are primarily engaged in facilitating intellectual property theft. How have marketers and agencies implemented these Best Practices? What has been the impact on contracts and compliance? What are the practical challenges? What tools are available now, or on the horizon, to meet them? How are leading ad networks (and technology platforms) stepping up to the problem? What are the next steps?
- Statement of Best Practices to Address Online Piracy
- Elsevier v. Chitika, Clicksor.com, and Kapil Dev Saggi
- Gucci v. Frontline Processing Corp., etc.
- IAB: Networks & Exchanges Quality Assurance Guidelines
- IAB: Networks & Exchanges Quality Assurance Guidelines v1.5
- Louis Vuitton Malletier v. Akanoc Solutions, Inc., Managed Solutions Group, Inc., and Steven Chen
- Perfect 10, Inc. v. Visa International Service Association, etc.
Speakers: Steve Metalitz, Partner, Mitchell Sillberberg & Knupp LLP; Mike Zaneis, Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Interactive Advertising Bureau; Po Yi, Vice President & Chief Advertising Counsel, American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc.; Daniel Kummer, Vice President, Litigation & Content Protection, NBCUniversal Media, LLC