Addressing Ad-Supported Online Piracy: The ANA/4A’s Best Practices (Almost) One Year Later
March 20, 2013
In May 2012, the ANA and 4A’s issued a Joint Statement of Best Practices (see presentation materials) regarding affirmative steps advertisers and agencies should take to avoid inadvertent ad support for Internet sites that are primarily engaged in facilitating intellectual property theft. Steve Metalitz, partner at Mitchell Sillberberg & Knupp LLP, Mike Zaneis, senior vice president and general counsel at Interactive Advertising Bureau, Po Yi, vice president and chief advertising counsel at American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., and Daniel Kummer, vice president, litigation and content protection at NBCUniversal Media, LLC, discussed the current landscape along with the digital ad verification process at American Express.
- Statement of Best Practices to Address Online Piracy
- Elsevier v. Chitika, Clicksor.com, and Kapil Dev Saggi
- Gucci v. Frontline Processing Corp., etc.
- IAB: Networks & Exchanges Quality Assurance Guidelines
- IAB: Networks & Exchanges Quality Assurance Guidelines v1.5
- Louis Vuitton Malletier v. Akanoc Solutions, Inc., Managed Solutions Group, Inc., and Steven Chen
- Perfect 10, Inc. v. Visa International Service Association, etc.
"Addressing Ad-Supported Online Piracy: The ANA/4A's Best Practices (Almost) One Year Later." Steve Metalitz, Partner at Mitchell Sillberberg & Knupp LLP; Mike Zaneis, Senior Vice President and General Counsel at Interactive Advertising Bureau; Po Yi, Vice President and Chief Advertising Counsel at American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc.; Daniel Kummer, Vice President, Litigation and Content Protection at NBCUniversal Media, LLC. ANA Advertising Law and Public Policy Conference, 03/20/13.