Research Report: 2014 ANA/Forrester Survey: Media Buying’s Evolution Challenges Marketers
May 23, 2014
The rise of digital media and the increasing use of new, automated, impression-by-impression platforms for planning, buying, and measuring all forms of media have upended traditional marketing and media buying processes. In February 2014 the ANA teamed with Forrester Research to field a survey of 150+ senior marketers to better understand how marketers in charge of important media budgets are coping with this evolution. The survey focuses on media transparency, programmatic buying, and metrics.The findings include the following:
- Viewability tops advertisers’ concerns about media transparency, while ad fraud and privacy generate less concern.
- More than half of marketers feel they need to learn more about programmatic buying.
- Advertisers rank effectiveness of programmatic buying ahead ofcost efficiency.
- More than half of marketers express a need to learn more about programmatic buying.
- ROI tops marketers’ measurement priorities.
- Path-to-purchase is becoming a key measurement goal.
- Marketers are embracing more sophisticated marketing mix and attribution models.
(Please visit our "Also See" section to the right for PDFs of the Research Report, Data Charts, Infographics, and Key Findings.)
“Research Report: 2014 ANA/Forrester Survey: Media Buying’s Evolution Challenges Marketers.” ANA, 2014.