Effective Writing For Any Platform
Creating Consumer Connections in Print, Digital, Social, Mobile and More
“Call me Ishmael.” “Marley was dead.” “It was the best of times; it was the worst of times.” Classic authors instinctively understood how to write for the world of memes. “Explore Your World.” “Just Do It.” “We Try Harder.” “Have It Your Way.” Today, that craft belongs to the best bloggers, tweeters and marketing communicators:
While pundits have bemoaned the loss of literacy in our society, they’ve missed the real revolution: there’s actually been an explosion in the written word that requires good writing skills more than ever before. Sadly, too many of us were trained in traditional essay and academic skills—and have no clue about the rules for the digisphere or the elegant opportunities of the new short digital and social forms. The result? Never has so much that is so important been written so badly.
In this workshop, we’ll explore and engage in writing across a range of platforms: Classic print (ads and collateral material), digital (web and Emails) and social (Twitter, Blogs, Facebook). There are countless and growing ways marketers are now engaging with their audiences and with each other. What’s going on today? What should you anticipate for tomorrow? And how can you build a company writing culture that connects to brand opportunities through dynamic audience communication?
Are there tricks and techniques that can make your writing crisper? Clearer? Yep. And we've got 'em. In an entertaining and engaging session, we’ll work through some tips, some techniques and some exercises that will make you a better writer for all the new platforms. So roll up your sleeves, bring a pen, pencil or pda and get ready to do some fun work. Bring your friends and family and don't forget your grammar.
Who Is This Course For?
- Anyone at any level who wants to hone or improve his or her communication skills
- Marketers who need to understand the various communication platforms and when and how to best employ them to best connect with their audiences
- Writers who wish to understand the new communications platforms and become more effective in writing for them
- All members of the marketing and communications team responsible for communicating in social media
- Supervisors and team leaders; particularly those who manage Millennial team members