Creating Your Dream Marketing Plan
When it comes to building a marketing plan, what is “Best Practices”? What do other companies do to get the results they want and how do they address the needs of all the different constituencies within the organization? What are the six key points every marketing plan should cover? Regardless of whether you’re selling a product, a service, business to business or business to consumer, we can show you how to get there.
Whether you're a marketing newcomer or a long-time veteran of countless campaigns, you’ll learn how to build a detailed, fully integrated working plan that positions your product or service above the noise of your competition. In just one day we take a deep look into how to assemble all the critical elements of your customer-winning strategy.
This course will help you sharpen the skills necessary to devise a dynamic, comprehensive plan. Using sample successful marketing plans plus hands-on exercises, you’ll address all the points every good marketing plan should deliver. While different companies have diverse strategic and marketing objectives, they all share the common need to understand and agree on key marketing issues. We’ll cover each of those issues in depth, including:
- Business Objective
- Vision and Mission
- Brand positioning
- Audience and Situation Analysis
- Brand Scope and Prospects
- Communication Platforms
- Sales Plan
- Social Media
- Experiential Marketing
- Strategic Partners
- Implementation, Responsibilities & Milestones
- Metrics & Evaluation
- Budgets…and more.
By understanding the role each of these plays in the overall objectives of your business, you’ll be able to outline and build a comprehensive marketing plan that’s on time, on budget and will address the strategy and tactics you’re planning for the coming year.[NOTE: This course teaches Best Practices. You will not write your actual marketing plan in the session.]
Finally, we’ll complete the session by demonstrating an entirely new way to develop and implement an actionable marketing plan and planning process. It’s a collaborative method that focuses on three key questions: Where are you now? Where are you going? How will you get there? By addressing those questions and populating the answers, any team can build out a detailed, integrated working plan in a matter of hours rather than days, weeks or months.
Who is This Course For?
Anyone who must write, review or approve marketing plans-including new marketers, mid- to senior-level marketers, brand managers, directors, VPs and CMOs. Anyone in corporate planning, finance and sales will also find this course valuable.
- Learn how to assess your business: where it is now, where you want it to go and how you are going to advance it
- Understand how to develop or optimize your brand positioning
- Clarify the core objectives for each element of the marketing mix (Product, Price, Place and Promotion)
- Define overall brand direction and identify program priorities
- Align long-term business objectives with the demands of short-term priorities
- Define advertising and promotion budgets consistent with revenue expectations
- Identify the key research and test market plans needed to support your plan
- Create a blueprint for action with responsibilities timetables and milestones
- Use marketing analytics and optimization tools for resource allocation and plan evaluation
- Win corporate buy-in at all levels before implementation