Aligning Marketing to Sales (HALF DAY, ONE DAY)
When marketing and sales align, the potential for organizational improvement is enormous, with everything from marketing ROI, to sales productivity, to top-line growth reap the benefits. Marketing and sales alignment offers perhaps the single greatest opportunity for improving business performance. The issue is that Sales and Marketing view things differently. As a result coordination and alignment requires more than just tacking marketing onto the front of an existing sales process. True alignment necessitates coordinating marketing and sales activities, starting from the day you first make contact with a prospect as part of the initial education process through the sale and beyond to the customer relationship and ultimately customer advocacy.
As a result, this course focuses on aligning Marketing and Sales to achieve common objectives and strategies, coordination of marketplace initiatives and dramatically improving ROI. Although achieving alignment between marketing and sales departments is often difficult, it is completely possible to get both of these departments on the same page. Participants of this course will also gain insight into critical and practical bottom line learning using case studies which clearly demonstrate the value of having marketing and sales teams align around a single revenue cycle. You will see that collaborative teams can create dramatic improvements in marketing ROI, sales productivity, and most importantly top-line growth.
A key learning from this course will be: a good, clear plan that will help to enhance the Marketing/Sales relationship driving increased effectiveness and inspiration into the organization. This one step will ensure better efforts across the company as well as successful results. To build a clear plan, participants will learn the concrete actions they need to take to break down these barriers, align both teams, and build a single, integrated revenue pipeline.
Additional topics covered include:
- Getting commitment from the top
- Modeling the marketing/sales funnel
- Developing a common vocabulary
- Looking for operational disconnects
- Testing key metrics to track
- Creating a closed-loop reporting process
- Sharing accountability between the teams
Who is This Course For?
Managers who work with sales, sales teams; those marketers responsible for driving sales leads, building marketing communications vehicles or any marketer working in a B2B organization.
- Understand the roles Marketing and Sales play in driving corporate success
- Learn how to communicate and focus on the same meaningful metrics
- Develop a common vocabulary that can ensure good results
- Understand the difference between outputs and outcomes
- Manage the differences between sales and marketing objectives
- Build a collaborative process for monitoring and reporting