Bridging Digital and Traditional Marketing
Marketing is an integrated, holistic set of solutions, and one in which digital technologies are increasingly woven into every marketing activity and every point along the consumer’s decision process. A brand’s TV commercial may spark a consumer to use their tablet to learn more about the product; a shopper may see a point of purchase sign that encourages them to use their mobile device to help them choose which brand to buy; a gift recipient may love the product so much that they tell all their Facebook friends about it or write an online review; a brand’s public relations campaign responding to a disaster results in folks around the world becoming aware of the brand and donating using a phone.
The digital channel has become essential to the way that consumers make choices about where to shop and what to buy; they use digital devices as their primary vehicle for communicating with and about brands. Consumers expect consistent messages and experiences with brands whether it’s on TV, in a store, on a web site, or through their social networks. To meet and exceed the consumer’s expectations, all marketers must have a solid understanding of the digital landscape and how brands can leverage digital channels to attract and influence consumers. This course will help you develop two essential skills:
- The knowledge and tools to successfully integrate digital strategies into your marketing plans and
- The management techniques and tools to direct and manage agency partners in bringing digital plans to life.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed to build the bridge between traditional marketing and digital marketing. It is for marketing professionals who want an understanding of how digital strategies intersect and integrate with overall brand marketing strategy, and how digital channels influence, and are influenced by, other marketing channels. The course will be of particular interest to
- Brand managers and Marketing Communications managers who want to better understand how to integrate digital into their marketing plans, and to work more effectively with their agencies and digital marketing partners
- Consumer Experience managers and Consumer Insights managers who seek a deeper understanding of digital channels and how they can be used to understand and connect with consumers
- Digital Marketers and Digital Technologists who want to increase their understanding of overall marketing strategy and how digital integrates with other marketing channels
This course is for marketers who are experienced in offline or traditional marketing channels, but who may have little or no experience in digital channels, or for experienced digital marketers with little or no experience in traditional channels. Although personal, in-depth experience with digital marketing is not required, participants should have a high-level familiarity with what digital channels exist and are being used by their brand.
Upon course completion, you will be equipped with the strategies and tactics to integrate traditional and digital marketing for your brand.
- Understand the digital channels that your consumers are using to connect with your brand
- Implement a disciplined process for incorporating digital strategies into your brand plan
- Employ a three step tool for evaluating digital proposals from agency partners
- Leverage the synergies of paid, owned and earned media to build your brand
- Apply your marketing expertise to digital channels
- Learn what to expect from your agency and media partners before, during and after a digital campaign
- Use simple tools to evaluate the results of digital initiatives
- Understand content strategy and how to use brand content across multiple digital and traditional channels
- Create and manage cross-functional teams through all phases of digital project implementation