Content Marketing (HALF DAY, ONE DAY)
How to Plan, Design, and Execute a Content Marketing Strategy
Most brands have grabbed hold of the idea of content marketing but many struggle with how to plan and execute it successfully in order to achieve the results they desire. In most cases, this can be attributed to a lack of strategy and planning. In fact, results from the 2015 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks (Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs) show how pronounced the situation is: The biggest challenge for marketers is producing engaging content (54%) and producing content consistently (50%). Marketers are struggling to create content relevant to their audience and prioritize activities in order to consistently publish, yet only 35% of marketers take the time to create a content strategy. On the flip side, 60% of companies that have a documented strategy rate themselves high in terms of content marketing effectiveness. Clearly, the keys to the castle lie in a company’s ability to align content efforts with business goals, and then plan and execute consistently.
This highly interactive, hands-on workshop will take people through the process of creating a content strategy that will be immediately actionable once you’re back at your desk. By discovering what matters to your audience and how they make decisions, you’ll create a content strategy that enables you to create highly relevant content that builds awareness, engagement, conversion and loyalty.
Using the ANA L.E.A.D. (Learn, Experience, Apply and Discover) learning approach, marketers will;
- Learn the foundations of a content strategy and how to have conversations at the executive level to use content to support overall business objectives and drive growth and innovation.
- Experience through hands-on activities how to
- Apply your learning to cross-functional teams in order to
- Discover ways in which you can extend the principals of content
Who Is This Workshop For?
This workshop is for marketers who would like to create a successful content marketing program based on a structured, effective strategy. It’s also an exploration for brands who have a content marketing program in place but aren’t realizing the level of results they would like. In all cases, this session will help marketers understand how to gain credibility for content as a recognized function of the business.
As a result of this core workshop learning and experience, you will be better able to:
- Discover why it is crucial to align your content marketing strategy with the business goals of your organization.
- Learn a step-by-step process to developing a content marketing strategy that’s flexible enough to apply to any company in any industry.
- Develop a starting point for your own content marketing strategy.
- Refine your skills as a content marketer so that you can build relationships across all functions of the business and create collaborative teams.