The Move From Campaigns to Always-On Content Marketing
In this era of the “always on” consumer, accessing multiple kinds of content across multiple devices every day, the advertising campaign as anchor is no longer enough to keep brands culturally relevant and top of mind. It requires a shift from campaigns to always-on content marketing, requiring new competencies, organization, education and activation techniques to keep your brand front and center and in the conversation. Campaign, social and website content around your brand value quickly becomes irrelevant if it’s not created, curated, refreshed and sharable on a real-time basis. How do you organize and activate always-on content beyond just social listening and posting? How should you measure success? Does shareability really effect ROI?
Moving from campaign to content marketer requires:
- An emotional brand promise that becomes your content organizing idea for moving from push campaign messengers to a brand-as-publisher mindset.
- An evolved organizational model, process and tools that leverage your internal and external partners to surface created, curated and syndicated content that links up with your brand promise and maximizes shareablity.
- A shift in thinking about digital marketing as simply extending your traditional campaign’s launch and completion, to becoming a persistent means of keeping your brand’s story system refreshed and relevant all year round.
This workshop will help you develop the four essential means of becoming an effective content marketer:
- Knowledge and process to arrive at your brand’s content organizing idea.
- An always-on content library to keep your brand’s story system relevant.
- Tools and techniques to deploy created, curated and syndicated content across your paid, owned and earned channel platforms.
- Measurement framework that will provide the metrics and analytics to prove the return on conversation (ROC) that ladders up to brand health measures, purchase intent and, ultimately, ROI.
Who Is This Workshop For?
This workshop is for marketers who want to expand the effectiveness and cultural relevance of their brand messaging and marketing efforts. This workshop is suitable for director level and above digital marketing leadership representatives.
- Furnishes a disciplined four-step process to integrate content marketing into your digital marketing organization.
- Provides clear differentiation between product-centric and brand-centric benefits and purpose to help your team balance and guide content efforts.
- Provides hands-on access to content creation curation and syndication tools to activate content marketing quickly, collaboratively and imaginatively to improve effectiveness.
- Explores different organizational and partner models to align content-centric requirements with paid, owned and earned channels.
- Demonstrates the difference between brand storytelling and story systems — the move from campaign-based to always-on, content-centric storytelling.
- Develop a plan to deploy and manage cross-functional teams and partners through all phases of the content marketing process.