Marketing Plan in a Day: A Better, Faster, More Effective Method (ONE DAY)
You no longer have the luxury of taking weeks—or even months—to create an annual marketing plan. New technologies. An evolving social media landscape. Aggressive competitors. Changing economic dynamics. Today’s marketing environment continues to unfold at a faster and faster pace. Marketing plans need to be created in a timely, effective manner; often revisited and revised on a quarterly or monthly basis.
Building a powerful and actionable marketing plan is one of the toughest and most important tasks in marketing. It’s also a time-consuming process filled with endless revisions: Plans are revisited rather than reinvented, there's no consistent form or practice for plan development, plans get sold "up the line" and are endlessly revised, final plans are not actionable and often end up being filed away rather than actualized in the marketplace. The bottom line is that the annual planning process is often, inefficient and painful, generating substantial work and rework, delivering inconsistent output from one plan to the next or one division to another, and most importantly time is misspent on unneeded detail.
This results-oriented workshop will show you a new way to build a fully integrated plan in a matter of hours. The key is to bring your key stakeholders to the table. By building a plan collaboratively—as a silo-busting team in one simple planning session—you create a blueprint for action with timetables and milestones, responsibilities and accountability to produce more efficient, revenue-driven plans.
The Marketing Plan in a Day asks the planning participants to address three fundamental questions: Where are we now? Where are we going? How will we get there? By answering those questions with sound marketing principles and an energetic, collaborative process, any team can build out a detailed, integrated working plan on any subject in a matter of hours rather than days, weeks or months. This is an innovative process you will take back to your company to activate as a new and better way of planning. It will teach you a new set of best practices for planning that will engage a process that is more fun, inclusive, collaborative and powerful than any planning you have ever done before.
Who is This Course For?
Anyone who must write, review or approve marketing plans-including new marketers, mid- to senior-level marketers, brand managers, directors, VPs and CMOs. Anyone in corporate planning, finance and sales will also find this course valuable.
- Learn how to assess your business: where it is now, where you want it to go and how you are going to advance it
- Understand how to develop or optimize your brand positioning
- Clarify the core objectives for each element of the marketing mix (Product, Price, Place and Promotion)
- Define overall brand direction and identify program priorities
- Align long-term business objectives with the demands of short-term priorities
- Define advertising and promotion budgets consistent with revenue expectations
- Identify the key research and test market plans needed to support your plan
- Create a blueprint for action with responsibilities timetables and milestones
- Use marketing analytics and optimization tools for resource allocation and plan evaluation
- Win corporate buy-in at all levels before implementation