Sports Sponsorship: How to play smart and win BIG!
It's no surprise that Sports Sponsorships is big business $$$! Just as teams and athletes compete to win so do sponsors who look to the world of sports to showcase, market and link their brands. Billions are spent each year by big and small companies yearning to reach their core audiences. Most companies are bombarded with constant pitches and you’re probably spending precious resources in this space already in an attempt to tie your brands to leagues, teams, colleges, motorsports, action sports, athletes, etc. But, ARE YOUR DOLLARS WORKING HARD FOR YOU? ARE YOU RISING ABOVE THE CLUTTER?
The right decisions for marketers can be made easier when they understand how to sort through the variety of potential opportunities and learn how to better match costs vs. needs. This course will help you to navigate through this vast and enormous but sometimes daunting space of sports and sponsorship marketing. It will better prepare marketers with a results oriented and thorough understanding of the following:
- The landscape; the various opportunities and how to sift through what’s out there
- Which entities are selling what and how to know with whom to make deals
- What goes into a good and smart “deal”
- The “simple” vs. “complex” deal
- “Activation” a buzz word or can and will you bring the deal to life?
- Protecting what you buy
- Measuring the impact
This course will help you better understand how to think about and win in this complex and expensive world. It will help you align your strategies and budgets. It will make you think more practically how to strike deals and implement programming. It will help you replace the “ego” that so often dictates decisions with a smart “eco…nomics” mindset.
Who is this course for?
This course will benefit those in the organization responsible for finding, creating and implementing strategies and tactics that touch the world of sports. This includes but is not limited to those who negotiate deals; event marketers, brand managers, brand promotions, sales, attorneys and/or finance personnel.
- Implement a strategy to seek the right kinds of sponsorships for your brands
- Understand the benefits and risks of short term “simple” deals and long term “complex” deals<
- Apply a disciplined approach to evaluate sponsorship proposals
- Negotiate to buy what you need and what you’ll use
- Learn when to incorporate media purchases into the sponsorship packages
- Ensure that you are protected throughout the course of the deal
- Put the right procedures in place to measure your ROI