Social Media (HALF DAY, ONE DAY)
Social media vehicles are big and growing. New social outlets are emerging all the time. Harnessing the power of social media is exciting, enticing and necessary. So what are the social media? How do they work? How can they best be put to use to advance brands and businesses? And what kinds of strategies are necessary to guard against social initiatives that denigrate or even hijack brands? This course will provide insight into how social media works, it will uncover how brands must authentically engage with consumers in the new social context, and outline some successful social media do's and don'ts to increase brand engagement.
Now that social networks have achieved global scale, marketer's interest should shift from quantity to quality. The process of sorting, filtering, weighing, segmenting and valuing social networks as marketing tools is important because American's spend nearly a quarter of their time on social networking sites and blogs and 85% of users engage brands in the social media space; and as consumers our target audience has never had so much power over marketing and the marketing mix.
This course will provide insight into how social media work. It will explore the importance of social media strategy and how to activate it. It will uncover how brands must authentically engage with consumers in the new social context. It will outline some successful social media programs and provide tips about the do's and don'ts of smart social brand engagement. The course will discuss how social media complements more traditional efforts. We will also address how to harness the new social landscape to increase economic value and the metrics necessary to know good intentions are well received and will pay dividends.
Who Is This Course For?
Designed for marketing, media and digital executives this program is highly beneficial for those who are working in any and all aspects of customer communication. The course is particularly valuable for brand managers, digital managers who are charged with building brands and protecting brand equity. The course will also be valuable for anyone in an organization who wants a better understanding of how the new social media are transforming the marketing and personal interaction landscapes.
- Learn what the social media are and how they work
- Gain an understanding of how customer connections are engaged in the new 2-way marketing conversation
- Appreciate the critical importance of social media for organizations who need to enhance their connectedness to their customers' evolving lifestyles
- Acquire insights into how to organize and manage social media programs throughout your organization
- Understand how social can extend your marketing communication effectively and efficiently
- Address your own company-specific challenges around social media and the advantages and risks it brings
- Learn how to assess and measure the power of Social Media