Fundamentals of Marketing (TWO DAY)
The goal of this workshop is to help those new to marketing become more dynamic marketing professionals by being able to develop their own marketing strategy and marketing plans. Thus the workshop will help participants understand the entire marketing management process, be comfortable developing marketing strategies and preparing an effective marketing plan, and be able to make sound and timely decisions based on the market information on hand. Attendees will be exposed to the practical marketing tools and techniques needed to create usable, implementable marketing strategies and plans. Our interactive workshop and team-oriented learning process will reinforce key points and importantly, give you hands-on experience.
Those new to marketing often mistake promotion or advertising for marketing; while both of these functions are part of marketing, they are not the most important part. Identifying consumer needs, developing appropriate products, then pricing, distributing and promoting them effectively is marketing.
This practical, real world course helps participants gain the skills they need to direct the critical marketing functions needed to drive corporate growth more efficiently and effectively. As a result this course focuses on key marketing elements including brand positioning; the role of brand management; how to bring a campaign to life; the creative brief and strategy; developing a great marketing plan-and more.
The value of this course is that it is taught by working professionals who know what it takes to get the job done and understand the difference between textbook learning and real-world experience. The course also incorporates real life exercises, such as examining the 7P's (the essentials of marketing) and giving participants an understanding of how to manage a brand.
With the marketplace changing at such a rapid pace, having a working knowledge of marketing fundamentals is essential if a marketer is serious about managing his/her brand and managing their career. From brand equity to audience segmentation to the marketing toolbox and ROI, this course is an intensive overview that will build a lifelong foundation for all those interested in future management positions.
Who is This Course For?
All managers responsible for their firm's marketing, brand or divisional business who are ready to take it to the next level. It's also for those new to managing marketing, including brand managers, assistant brand managers and senior professionals wishing to refresh their skills.
- Determining the definition and role of marketing with your company
- How to build a competitive edge that distinguishes your brand
- Understand what customer-centric marketing means and why it's so important
- Learn why brand positioning is a powerful tool to drive brand value
- Understand why everything you do (packaging, advertising, PR, internal staff) is marketing.
- Why everything marketing starts and ends with the customer.
- Learn how to focus and align your brand with customers using a SWOT Analysis.
- Appreciate the role of innovation in developing and executing a long-term plan.
- Recognize the key elements of a successful Marketing Plan-and the importance of executing that plan brilliantly
- Know why understanding consumers' purchasing process is critical to driving brand loyalty.