From Insights to Great Messaging (HALF DAY, ONE DAY)
Do you understand what you are trying to communicate? If not, STOP. Start by uncovering insights about your customers; learn what your customer values then worry about how to communicate that value to the customer. Be clear on what value your customer/consumer wants, then think about positioning your brand. Next define the market (who the relevant buyers are) and identify the attributes your buyers want (answering the question - what job does the customer want done?). Finally use this knowledge to write a great assignment brief. Your agency will not understand what's in your head to the degree that you do. You have to take the time to draft an assignment brief that clearly and passionately describes the communications job you want done.
Putting consumer insights into action is the key to accelerating brand growth. But all too often customer facts are mistakenly viewed as insights. As a result, marketing cannot drive innovation or gain a competitive advantage. Only when new ideas are based on insights that provide a deep understanding of why consumers do what they do, can marketers truly be innovative.
Therefore, this course looks at the latest trends in customer insights. How do find out what your customers want? Why they buy? How do they choose? Why do they come back for more? How can you inspire your customers to become - and stay - brand loyal? You will learn how to get the answers to these and other vital questions and as a result be able to achieve greater results for your marketing investment.
This course will also look at the various ways to mine insights through trends, observation and research to uncover critical customer insights. Insights are the engine for innovation that can lead to a significant competitive advantage. You'll learn how to start mining data for insights and how to start to turn your company into an insight-driven organization.
But most importantly you will learn how to create actionable next steps - knowledge is nice, creating new activities that drive profitable growth is truly valuable. This in the end is the focus of this course. Doing more of the right things right.
Who Is This Course For?
Designed for executives in business-to-business or business-to-consumer companies who have the authority to initiate change for their brands or across their organizations as well as those who know the importance of putting customers first. This course is particularly valuable for brand managers, marketing analysts, researchers, strategic planners, R&D responsible for the implementation of customer insight strategies as well as marketers wishing to gain a greater understanding of the principles behind effective innovation driven from customer insight.
- Learn how to identify, collect, analyze and apply types of customer insights that can improve every aspect of your sales and marketing activities.
- Become familiar with the many tools and techniques needed to turn theory into practice.
- Understand the difference between functional, emotional and self-actualizing benefits.
- Inspire your organization to become a culture of innovation
- Turn insights into action-understand how to use knowledge to build your business.
- Know the difference between data and insights and how to turn insights into advantages.
- Appreciate the differences and value of qualitative and quantitative research.
- Know how to quantify innovation based on customer reactions.