Elevating Your Creative (HALF DAY, TWO DAY)
With budgets being slashed and the rules of effective communication being broken, the challenges to raise the level of your communication efforts may seem daunting. They are not. Gain an insider's perspective into how great creative work that builds sales and the value of your brand is developed. This refreshed and revised workshop will provide you with the know-how you need to navigate through the complexities of developing a winning, integrated marketing campaign. Led by a seasoned agency creative director, you will be guided through the entire creative process, learning along the way the critical demands of various media, including traditional, non-traditional and digital.
There is an old saying "Marketers usually deserve the advertising they get." And it is so true. Breakthrough creative is a function of being a great client and having a great agency partner. Great clients create an environment that works to help accomplish their goals; bad clients find ways to damage the extremely sensitive and fragile creative process. This course will highlight how clients become great and how that relationship translates to great creative.
However being a good client is just the first step to great creative. Great advertising requires marketers to be focused, a willingness to take the right risks, as well as an inclination to identify and reduce the number of decision makers. But these actions are not sufficient.
A marketer must also be honest to have any hope of having great, breakthrough advertising: this course will help marketers face that reality. While advertising can improve a company's brand image, it is not a cure-all for every business problem. Participants will explore what advertising can definitely do and what it should not be expected to accomplish.
Who is This Course For?
Any manager responsible for advertising development or agency relationships and for those new to managing advertising, including brand managers, assistant brand managers and senior professionals wishing to refresh their skills.
- Understand the necessity for being single-minded and focused throughout the creative development process
- Know how to plan advertising campaigns
- Understand the necessity of providing the agency with relevant insights to help them produce outstanding creative work
- Provide feedback on creative ideas in a way the continues to motivate the agency and deliver the optimum creative solution
- Involve the agency in your processes.
- Learn to be candid and courageous able to concentrate on the big picture,
- Know what it means to reward excellence
- Realize why Clients are from Mars and Creatives are from Venus.