Strategic Marketing (HALF DAY, ONE DAY, TWO DAY)
Customer-centric and competitively dominant marketing strategies are vital to business success. This workshop will give participants tools for developing an effective marketing strategy by examining how firms can profitably create and sustain customer value. The focus of this workshop is therefore on go-to-market programs as well as designing integrated, strategic marketing plans. Participants will learn insight into the process of value creation and methods for sustaining that value for their consumers.
Developed for practicing marketing managers and those in general management positions who need more understanding of the marketing function, this program enables vice presidents, directors and managers in marketing, finance, and operations to contribute to the critically important customer value creation process.
Specifically, participants will learn ways to drive long-term customer value by delivering above and beyond expectations. They will also explore:
- How marketing innovation can be used to develop new and different value propositions that meet overlooked, latent and emerging customer needs.
- How new products, processes and business models can be the source of sustainable competitive advantage for your company.
- How the key to a building a successful strategic plan is to be customer-centric and competitively focused.
In the end, participants will gain a clear, in depth understanding of core marketing concepts, and identify the essential elements of a strong marketing plan by:
- Developing a thorough understanding of customers and what motivates their behavior.
- Understanding the value of your brands and how to build and develop that value.
- Learning to use analysis to make - and support - marketing decisions.
Who Is This Course For?
This program will benefit executives across the organization (engineering, R&D, operations, finance, product development, etc.) as well as managers who are assuming marketing responsibilities for the first time, and those managers already in a marketing capacity but without significant formal education in this discipline.
- Learn why marketing is all about value creation and the role of value creation in acquiring and retaining customers
- Understand the buying decision process; determining the needs and wants of existing and prospective customers
- Techniques for understanding customers and prospects
- The advantages of market segmentation
- Product positioning as the foundation for developing the marketing mix
- Designing products and services that deliver meaningful customer value
- Marketing communications planning: budget and the media mix
- Pricing: shifting from cost to value based pricing
- How to create a killer marketing plan