From Insights to Great Messaging
This event is sold out
This session is available as a member-benefit to full ANA members only. Seats are limited and confirmation of attendance will be required in advance of the session.
Insights are a critical component to great marketing. Yet, they are often misunderstood or misapplied. Additionally, insights play a critical role in truly great creative, as well as all marketing mix elements. This program focuses on key client responsibilities that ensure optimal insight-driven creative output.
This workshop content has been developed through extensive work with major advertising agencies and advertisers, across multiple industries. Importantly, the course developed considering the needs of global marketers, as well. Thus, concepts-tools presented are equally applicable regardless of region/industry, public/private sector, profit/non-profit.
Who Is This Workshop For?
- Marketers responsible for creative development and the agency relationship. Importantly, this includes any agency- internal or external.
- Managing brands/franchises doing marketing communications
- Directing related functions/processes, e.g. Field Sales, Market Research, Public Relations. etc.
What You Will Experience:
- Highly interactive, participatory discussion – this is NOT a lecture, please plan to participate!
- Best in class creative development practices
- Team projects and workshops with direct workplace application
- Toolkit of immediately applicable concepts and tools, developed by active industry practitioners
- Real-world examples from multiple industries, including “Best In Class” examples across media
- No acronyms, jargon, or “consultant speak”
What You Will Learn:
- Understand insights, their critical role in breakthrough marketing and communications
- Differentiate real from “faux” insights, understand insight’s role across marketing mix
- Define respective brand and agency roles and responsibilities in creative development
- Comprehend creative development process and opportunities to optimize it
- Understand the critical role insights play in the creative process
- Apply “Idea” process to increase creative development efficiency – effectiveness
- Able to strategically assess marketing communications and provide clear direction
- Comment-Coach effectively to maximize agency comprehension, commitment, output.
Start: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 9:00am
End: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 5:00pm
10 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
|ANA||BAA/BMA Gold||BAA/BMA Silver||BMA Individual||Non Member|
|Register||ANA $0||BAA/BMA Gold N/A||BAA/BMA Silver N/A||BMA Individual N/A||Non Member N/A|
Roderick M. McNealy
Roderick M. McNealy is principal of McNealy Advanced Communications (MAC), whose mission is to provide insight-driven, customer-focused marketing solutions. Rod’s 38-year career has focused on marketing and advertising, and he worked in a variety of marketing leadership roles at Johnson & Johnson for 31 of those years. Rod has conducted management training and formulated implementation strategies for companies located in the United States, Europe, and Asia. He has consulted with healthcare, public and private sector organizations, and the U.S. Navy.
Rod is a member of the ANA Faculty and is an in-demand speaker. He conducts marketing and advertising courses at Princeton University, the Yale School of Management, and Mount Holyoke College. He is the author of two books: Making Quality Happen and Making Customer Satisfaction Happen. Rod is a Princeton University graduate, with a Bachelor’s degree in American History. He received his M.B.A. from the Harvard University Graduate School of Business Administration.