Optimizing the Creative Process
This session is available as a member-benefit to full ANA members only. Seats are limited and confirmation of attendance will be required in advance of the session.
Great creative work is the result of a successful collaboration between you and your external and/or internal agency partners. Your creative process can make or break whether you go to market with a big idea that builds your business or a small idea that lacks relevance and engagement. Successful collaboration needs the right people involved, in the right way, at the right time. While many clients think they have a streamlined, effective creative process, ANA studies show that agencies continue to voice concern.
Briefs drive successful collaboration. It is well known and accepted that the agency side creative brief is the foundation of the agency’s creative work. Less well known, or accepted, is that your client side brief drives development of the agency’s creative brief in the first place. Client side briefs are called by many different names including an assignment brief, a project brief, a campaign brief, a communications brief, and still others. Unfortunately, for many agencies, the client side brief is no more than an email or ten-minute phone call. In the other extreme, the client side brief can include unnecessary, unfocused information that is anything but brief.
Subpar client side briefs combined with a lack of productive collaboration with agency partners leads to disappointing creative work, expensive creative revisions, and a frustrating relationship. Before incurring the time and costs of agency staff developing creative concepts, ANA studies show that what agencies need most is active collaboration and a more relevant, insightful client side brief.
This workshop gives you all the best practices of an optimized creative process. You will gain vital skills for effective client side brief writing and understand industry best practices on how to provide an actionable client side brief for your agency(ies). You will learn how to give feedback on an agency creative brief as well as on creative concepts before they go into production. You will learn how to nurture the big idea and “sell in” creative ideas at the right time to gain buy-in from senior executives and colleagues. Importantly, you’ll learn an approach to pilot an optimized creative process from which you can test and learn.
Who Is This Workshop For?
- Individuals responsible for the brief process, writing or approving a client side brief and/or an agency creative brief, and/or who work with internal or external creative teams/agencies, and/or who are involved in the creative process, who are or will become decision-makers:
- Customer communications
- Digital, social, mobile, experiential, media, etc.
- Those who want to learn how to write a best practice client side brief, provide best practice feedback to the agency’s creative brief and creative concepts, inspire creative teams, and facilitate the creative process to get the best work approved by management and to market
- Great introduction for those new to the creative process and a welcome refresher for seasoned professionals
- Relevant for client-side marketers who work with either an external and/or internal creative team/agency
- Setting the Stage (30 min)
- Best Practice Process Overview (10 min)
- Brief Best Practices to Create Effective Communications (40 min)
- Break (15 min)
- Differences Between the Client's and Agency's Briefs (15 min)
- Write an Actionable Client Side Brief for Your Agency (60 min)
- Lunch (45 min)
- Evaluate and Optimize Your Agency's Creative Brief (60 min)
- Break (15 min)
- Provide Effective Feedback to the Agency's Creative Concepts (60 min)
- Sell Creative Internally to Executives and Colleagues (60 min)
- Pilot an Optimized Creative Process (40 min)
- Closing (30 min)
Start: Monday, June 26, 2017 at 9:00am
End: Monday, June 26, 2017 at 5:00pm
355 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90071
|ANA||Associate Gold||Associate Silver||Associate Individual||Non Member|
|Register||ANA $0||Associate Gold N/A||Associate Silver N/A||Associate Individual N/A||Non Member N/A|
Dina Shapiro is the founder of Yorkville Consulting, a firm that provides clients with marketing capabilities training and helps them be world-class marketers by developing insightful brand strategies. Dina has worked inside Fortune 125 companies such as Citi and Alcoa, and top global agencies such as BBDO and JWT, at a 50/50 split throughout her career. She has experience across a wide range of industries, including financial services, corporate, retail, consumer packaged good, sports, travel & tourism, business-to-business, and industrials. She looks at a client’s business with curiosity and fresh perspective, to bring clients out of their everyday and open them up to new and relevant insights and connections.
Dina is a member of the ANA Faculty, and she has received top industry awards such as two Gold Effies, Cannes Lion, and an Honorary Webby. She has judged the Effies twice. Dina holds an M.B.A. from Boston University and a B.A. in Economics from George Washington University.