Demystifying Marketing Procurement
Procurement can make substantial contributions to marketing yet marketing is one of the most difficult areas in which to apply the procurement discipline. There is no doubt that procurement is a transferable skill that can be applied to marketing. The key is to have deep expertise in procurement and a solid foundation in marketing - and to consistently achieve a delicate balance between great marketing and cost management.
This webinar will examine how marketing procurement is so similar yet so different from "standard" or "materials" procurement. The following topics will be addressed:
- Roles and responsibilities of marketing procurement
- Where procurement comes from today: experience profiles and demographics
- How marketing procurement fundamentally differs from materials procurement
- Foundation skills for effectively applying procurement practices to marketing
- How the role of procurement can differ from company to company (i.e., very strategic in some cases while transactional in others)
- Building relationships with internal marketing stakeholders
- Agency attitudes towards procurement and how to positively influence those attitudes
*** NOTE ALL WEBINARS ARE EASTERN TIME ***
|Begins:||Friday, June 10, 2011 at 12:00pm|
|Ends:||Friday, June 10, 2011 at 1:00pm|
Gerry Preece* Russel Wohlwerth
Ark Advisors Ark Advisors
*Gerry managed global procurement for advertising and media at Procter & Gamble for over a decade.