Creativity is King
December 6, 2012
By Bill Duggan, Group EVP, ANA
The ANA Creativity Conference took place in New York City on December 5 and this provides insights and highlights.
- Transition from functional to emotional benefits (Fisher-Price).
- Agencies must take time to know and understand their client’s brand. Clients must give proper time to allow the agency’s work to evolve (from Brown-Forman/Jack Daniel’s and agency partner Arnold).
- Social media communication is about simplicity. Employ the five second rule. One needs to be able to understand a tweet, social interaction, etc. in five seconds or less, otherwise the message is too complicated (American Express).
- Talk about brand purpose rather than product attributes. For example, IBM’s purpose is to make the world work better. (from Ogilvy)
- Consider partnerships to amplify your brand’s message. The right partnerships can provide PR value and marketing strength (Pantone).
- Whisper when others shout. The first step towards behavior change is pattern interruption. Go against the grain and do it well (Volkswagen and agency partner Deutsch).
Thanks to Ogilvy – an agency that provides a strong balance between creative excellence and effectiveness – for presenting the event.
You must be logged in to submit a comment.