Highlights from ANA Television Upfront SurveyMay 8, 2013
By Marni Gordon, vice president of committees and conferences, ANA
ANA has just released the results of our 2013-14 National Television Upfront Survey. The objective is to better understand this year’s National Television Upfront marketplace from the client-side marketer perspective. This survey was fielded to a select group of ANA Committee Members and those who have direct oversight of media negotiations were encouraged to complete this survey.
- The majority of respondents project an increase in overall media spending for 2013 (41%) and plan to participate in the 2013 National Television Upfront (65%).
- 26% of total respondents plan to increase overall media spend by +5%
- Survey results indicate a significant shift of total media dollars from Network TV to other media when compared to last year.
- The majority of respondents projected Network TV to decrease vs. last year (45%) with other Television (Syndication, Spot TV, DRTV) and traditional media (Print, Radio, etc.) at flat spend.
- Results reveal significant projected spend increases in online video (+91%), digital/online display (+61%), search (+65%), social (+76%), mobile (+82%) and programmatic buying (+49).
You must be logged in to submit a comment.