Committee Thought Leadership
Increasingly, ANA committees play thought leadership roles in addressing key industry issues. Examples include:
- ANA has been active on the issue of media transparency since 2011 when discussions on transparency began on a grass roots level in ANA committee meetings, including the Media Leadership Committee. Those efforts paid off in 2016 with the release of the following:
- The report “An Independent Study of Media Transparency in the U.S. Advertising Industry,” which concluded that non-transparent business practices were pervasive in the U.S. media ad-buying ecosystem.
- “Media Transparency: Prescriptions, Principles, and Processes for Advertisers,” which outlines recommended responsibilities for advertisers and agencies.
- The Agency Relations Committee has been active in publishing best practices for agency selection and guidelines for agency reviews for project work. The committee is currently working on best practices for agency creative briefs.
- The ANA Procurement Task Force, a subset of the Advertising Financial Management Committee, is dedicated to elevating the role of marketing procurement. The task force is engaged in mentoring, white papers that focus on the value and positive contributions of marketing procurement, and a webinar series for marketing procurement professionals.
Committee thought leadership leverages the collective intelligence and power of multiple companies which can often accomplish more than an individual organization can on its own. For more ANA Industry Initiatives, go here.