The Connected TV Opportunity: New ANA/BrightLine Research
The Association of National Advertisers (ANA) and BrightLine teamed-up to research how the overall ANA member community is using connected TV/OTT (over-the-top) devices. Connected TV refers to when a television is connected to the Internet. This includes Smart TVs where the connection is built into the TV, or any IP-connected over-the-top (OTT) device/box such as Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, PlayStation, Roku, or Xbox that brings an array of content apps directly to a TV screen. When viewers consume television content in this way, they become connected TV users.
The large majority of total respondents (71 percent) believe that connected TV is an opportunity for the television advertising industry. Audience targeting is perceived to be the top benefit as connected TV allows television buyers to target audiences on the same level as their digital counterparts.
For more information:
- The Connected TV Opportunity Key Findings
- The Connected TV Opportunity Full Report - available to ANA members only
- Press Release: ANA/Brightline Study Reveals Marketers are Increasing Spend on Connected TV
- New ANA/BrightLine Research: The Connected TV Opportunity
- Awareness/Education Critical to Connected TV Growth
- Measurement Issues for Connected TV Top Barrier Preventing Greater Spending
- Webinar (on demand): OTT (Over-the-Top) Devices: What Marketers Need to Know
Further, on October 1 ANA will offer a members only conference themed “Connected TV/OTT” presented by BrightLine. Admission is complimentary.