Media Leadership, West Coast Chapter
This event is over.
Presentations & Content
Start: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 at 9:00am
End: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 at 2:30pm
3423 South La Cienega Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90016
Meeting notes are available to current, logged in Members only.
Since the Candy Factory is a food manufacturing facility, there are Guidelines that must be followed to insure the integrity of our product and the safety of our Guests. These standards relate to GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices), Workplace Safety and general company policy. Click here for directions and guidelines.
- Personal Belongings: Please do not bring any personal belongings into the factory (purse, bags, etc.). We will provide a secure place for storing belongings prior to the tour.
- Attire: Please make sure arms, torso and legs are completely covered. No shorts, cutoffs, skirts, short-sleeve shirts or sleeveless shirts permitted.
- Footwear: Please wear athletic or other flat-bottom shoes. Low-heeled, rubber shoes are also acceptable. No sandals or open-toe footwear permitted.
- Jewelry: Please remove all jewelry before entering the factory (watch, necklaces, earrings, etc.).
- No gum or candy consumption is permitted in the factory. Product tasting is allowed only in designated areas.
- No glass items are permitted in the factory.
- Photography: Please refrain from taking photos within processing areas of the factory unless See's Candies Senior Management has given prior permission and approval.
**Please be aware that we must politely but firmly decline a tour for any visitor who cannot meet these requirements.**
NETWORKING BREAKFAST (9:00 – 9:45AM)
WELCOME/INTRODUCTIONS (9:45 – 10:00AM)
I. SEE'S CANDIES FACTORY TOUR (10:00-11:00AM)
In this session, ANA West Coast Media Leadership Committee Members will have the exclusive opportunity to explore the See's Candies Factory and wrap up the day with some delightful treats!
II. SEE'S CANDIES SOCIAL MEDIA CASE STUDY (11:15AM-12:00PM)
In this session, Sabrina Keller, Digital Marketing Manager – See's Candies will share a case study on how they are harnessing the power of social media, especially Pinterest and Facebook, to reach consumers and showcase events and products.
Sabrina Keller, Digital Marketing Manager – See's Candies
LUNCH (12:15 – 1:00PM)
III. ZODIAC POOL SYSTEMS: GLOBAL DIGITAL MEDIA CASE STUDY (1:00-2:00PM)
Zodiac Pool Systems are a leading global manufacturer of differentiated pool and spa products where marketing innovation is a key part of their culture. In this session, Tessa McHenry, Director of Marketing – Zodiac Pool Systems and Karen Bellin, Vice President, Analytics and Optimization – Digitaria, will present lessons learned from Zodiac Pool Systems' data-driven media approach. This approach has been systematically refined over 5 years and will cover how they have navigated the complexities of providing marketing support for local dealers and will uncover best practices for how to use data and agency partners to prioritize marketing initiatives and optimize campaigns from the perspective of a global brand.
Tessa McHenry, Director of Marketing – Zodiac Pool Systems
Karen Bellin, Vice President, Analytics and Optimization – Digitaria
IV. MEMBER ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION: HOTTEST MEDIA ISSUES (2:00-2:30PM)
A recent joint ANA/Forrester Research survey asked national advertisers about their attitudes towards the hottest media issues of the moment: media and media agency transparency, programmatic buying, and measurement. This session will provide committee members with an opportunity to benchmark and discuss the following topics:
- Adoption of programmatic media buying tools, discussion of vendors/agency model disruption
- Declining organic reach on social platforms and strategies for ensuring content gets seen
- Strategies for developing content for social media channels (2014 ANA Social Media Content Development Survey)
Michael Kelly, Media & Consumer Communications Manager – American Licorice Company and ANA Media Leadership, West Coast Committee Chair