Marketing2020: Big Data and Analytics Survey Report
September 3, 2014
Key findings from Marketing 2020’s 2014 Big Data and Analytics Survey Report:
- The vast majority of over- and underperforming companies expect the availability of more data (big data) to have a “high” or “very high” level of impact on their business in the coming years.
- Both over- and underperforming companies cite big data analytics as having the greatest impact on consumer/customer understanding and engagement.
- Marking and IT “always” work closely in approximately one-third of overperforming companies versus in one-fifth of underperformers. A stunning 30 percent of marketing departments in underperforming companies “rarely” work closely with IT on CRM/big data strategy.
- Only about half of overperformers and one-quarter of underperformers score themselves above average when it comes to big data mining and analytics.
- Overperformers have the right data and analytics, and more importantly, are able to leverage all the data to improve marketing efficiency and effectiveness.
(Please visit our "Also See" section to the right for PDF of this full report and Inforgraphics.)
"Marketing2020: Big Data and Analytics Survey Report." Marketing 2020.