Navigating the Fine Print: The Challenge of Disclosures
March 29, 2017
Disclosures have become a priority for enforcers and, with rapidly evolving technology, are a growing challenge for marketers. The FTC has called for clearer disclosures for advertising claims, endorsements, social media, and privacy, as well as wherever is necessary to prevent deception. Exactly what information is necessary and when are disclosures effective? This session examined the enforcement landscape and considered best practices for navigating the world of disclosures.
Loeb & Loeb LLP
Senior Vice President & Deputy General Counsel
Additional Materials for CLE Credit
- Advanced Media and Technology Law Alert: November 2015
- FTC Focuses on Internet of Things: Files Suit Against Network Equipment Company D-Link, Announces IoT Challenge
- FTC Issues Enforcement Statement, Business Guide on Native Advertising
- "Putting Disclosures to the Test"— Lessons Learned From the FTC's Disclosure Workshop
- Recent FTC Settlements Spotlight Hidden Ways to Hook Unwary Consumer
You must be logged in to submit a comment.